Monday, January 21, 2013

Muse Guest Designer!!!!!

 
 
****Please scroll down for my Lil' Inker Designs Release post or click HERE!!!****
 
 
I interrupt my regular scheduled blog posting for this awesome news!!  I am so excited to share that I was asked to be the first Guest Designer for the new card making club called MuseCheck out THIS welcome post to learn all about the rules for the members of Muse!
 
 
When I received the invitation from Jackie Rockwell, I was like.....she wants me? for the first guest designer??  That in itself was a challenge.  But I accepted!  I had so much fun with my card......I used one of my favorite techniques and I got to use WHATEVER I had in my stash!  Sometimes it's fun to create just FOR THE FUN OF IT!!!
 
***a wee side note:  I loosely compared this to being in Gallery Idol.  Stressful but FUN!!!  I mean everyone will be using MY card to inspire their cards!  Pinch me now!***
 
 I used my Distress Inks to color my flower and leaves.  And did I say this was my favorite technique??  I did....... I've used this technique before and many of you say you want to try it so this is your chance!!!  First, you need to stamp and emboss.  Then color!  The key is to start applying your ink OFF the paper and work ONTO the paper.  Just blend until you get the desired color or shading you want. Play around with the colors.....here I used 2 colors of each but applying lightly because I wanted a more subtle color but a bit darker in the center.
 
Special3

 
 So now you get to interpret my card......whether its the color, the layout, the technique, the impressed frame.....whatever you feel!!!!  I can't wait to see what you all do with this one!
 
Thank you to the WHOLE team over at Muse for giving me this honor of being the first Guest Designer!  I'm so glad I'm a member of the Muse club!!  :)
 
 
 
 
{you're so special to me}
Stamps:  Hero Arts sentiment (CL582), Ever After (Wplus9)
Paper:  SS White (PTI)
Ink:  Versamark, True Black (PTI)
Distress Inks:  Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint
Pattern Paper:  Follow Your Heart/Be Amazing (MME)
Dies:  Stitched Mats: Squares (Lil' Inker Designs)
Misc:  Filigree White Embossing Powder, White Pearls, Foam Adhesive

32 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous card, Amy! I love it!

Jackie Rockwell said...

What a wonderful post and beautiful card Amy! Thanks for being so brave and being our first Guest Designer!!!

Hugs,
Jackie

Lisa Arana said...

a beautiful card amy! what a great start to the challenge!

Sara Mac said...

YAY for you!!! Congrats on the honor. I love this card. I've always wanted to try your technique. Hope I find time to give it a try.

Suzanne said...

YAY! Amy this is great news and your card is just SO SO beautiful!

Marisa said...

Whoo hooo!! Congrats!! Love the card too :)

Annette Allen said...

Congratulations Amy.. your card is gorgeous..

Brandi said...

Yay! I am so excited for you! Your card is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Thank you so much for creating a beautiful inspirational card! Anita in France :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Amy, congrats on being a Guest Designer!

Miriam Prantner said...

Yay Amy! This card is gorgeous! The shading on the flowers and leaves is amazing! Congrats on being the very first muse!

Marybeth said...

Congratulations ! Your card is pure elegance!

Songbirdcards.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations, Amy! That is great news. I'll have to play along. Your card is simply gorgeous and I love the technique.

Kay Miller said...

What a beautiful card you have created here! Such inspiration! I can't wait to get started on the challenge!

Lynn said...

100% gorgeous and absolutely no surprise that Jackie choose you. This card is absolutely beautiful and so you!!

PJ said...

Congrats! This card is beautiful - love the flavor!

Tracey McNeely said...

Congrats on starting Jackie's new blog Amy. Your card is beautiful and the perfect card for the first muse.

Renee said...

Stunningly gorgeous!!
Love that frame embossed like that...
and with those gorgeous blooms...
I die!! :)

Squirlygirl said...

Great job Amy! I love the look of this technique. I can't wait to try it out. I have really been enjoying joining challenges and now I have a new one to try :)
~Hugs~
Becky

p.s. I pinned your blog to my blogs I like to follow board:)

Gillian R said...

Beautiful card Amy, absolutely stunning!

Marion said...

What an awesome card Amy. You have certainly set the bar high for the first Muse challenge. Love it!

~amy~ said...

congrats and gorgeous card...love what you've done!

JJ Bolton said...

Congrats girl! Your card is beautiful and I'm sure it will inspire many!

Laura Pryor said...

WOW!!!! You are on FIRE!!! This is so striking!! WOW!!! Love what you did with the Stitched Mats here!

nancy said...

Your flower is so surprising vivid with the soft colors. How special that you were chosen as Muse's first guest designer. You've earned that honor with your history of beautiful cards.

Jen Carter said...

This is awesome!! (Imagine "awesome" being sung in a high pitched voice, that is how that should sound!) Lovely doesn't describe it! I love how you used the frame, love how you colored your flowers (you are such a pro with that!), love how you used the patterned paper. Love, love, love!

joscelyne cutchens said...

Amy, this is so beautiful, from design to execution. I looove that flower and the frame.

Darnell said...

Congratulations, Amy! I am so in love with your card that I was inspired to recreate it pretty much true to form. I think that's a first for me. You do wonderful work and it's been a pleasure to visit and follow!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Such fun inspiration!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Kimberly said...

Amy - LOVE this card! The embossed square frame is fantastic, and I'm loving the fresh springy feel of all the elements combined. Huge congrats on being the first Muse! YAY!

Anonymous said...

Stunning design! Such a sweet flower and the perfect DP, LoVe it!

Bonnie said...

Amy, I've got to tell you that I've come back to this card over and over this past week just to enjoy it! I finally got to my craft room last night and although I got a card made, it still doesn't capture the simple beauty of yours. May I ask how you applied the ink? Do you sponge or paint? Thanks for sharing this card and your talent. bonklass at gmail dot com

Related Posts with Thumbnails